Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: K40 actual results

  1. #1
    rubento
    Guest rubento's Avatar

    Question

    I've been away from Super 8 filmaking for quite a long time. I'd like to know what to expect from actual K40 filmstock. How does this Kodakchrome 40 compares with K40 from the early eighties? Has this film been improved in any way?. Back then I used too quite a lot of Agfachrome 40. Is the present K40 superior to that Agfa emulsion?. Thanks for your comments.

    Ruben

  2. #2
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    The K40 stock keeps the same as in the 1980ies, the Agfa stock is discontinued. K40 always was superior to Agfa, finer grain, sharper. The archive qualities of Agfa are not comparable to K40, the stock tends to go red.
    Pedro

    ------------------

  3. #3
    rubento
    Guest rubento's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you for your reply, Pedro. I was quite used to Agfa and was not sure if K40 had in any way improved. I guess I have to give it a try.

    Regards,

    Ruben

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •